Each year, on the last Sunday after the Epiphany, we hear the story of the Transfiguration. Jesus takes Peter, James, and John up a high mountain, and there he is transfigured before them. Although some biblical scholars suggest that this story is actually a post-resurrection appearance that is strangely out of place, I believe that the transfiguration represents a glimpse of the beauty, glory, and power of God in the midst of the messiness of life and ministry.
- The transfiguration is a glimpse of God's beauty and glory!
- This glimpse of God's beauty comes in the midst of life and ministry.
- We are given moments of transfiguration in our lives.
- We given moments when we glimpse the beauty and glory of God.
- Where are the moments of transfiguration in our lives?