Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Missional Journey

 
Beginning next Monday (April 1), I invite you to join me on a seven week journey through the Bible. This journey will take us through various passages of scripture, all of which focus on our call to be a people of mission, a people who are called to participate in the world-changing, life-transforming mission of God. From Genesis to Revelation, we find that God is a "sending God," a God who calls us out of our comfort zones and continally challenges us to "go forth into all the world" to proclaim in word and deed the Good News of God's Kingdom. This seven week "missional journey" will challenge us to explore more deeply the ways in which God is calling us to be a "missional people" - a people sent forth into our neighborhoods, our schools, our workplaces, and (most especially) our homes in order to share the love and grace of Jesus!
 
Each day during this journey, I will be writing a blog entry in which I will offer commentary as well as my own reflections on the scripture passage assigned for that day. I encourage you to "follow" my blog by submitting your email address in the upper right hand corner of my home page. Once you have submitted your email address, you will receive my daily blog entries by email each day.

There will be daily readings assigned for Monday-Friday. Each Saturday, I will be posting a prayer that can be used as we pray for God's mission in the world.  For a complete list of readings CLICK HERE.

In the coming days, I will be posting more details about how you can participate. Please check back for more information!  

No comments:

Post a Comment